Yesware’s Campaigns lets you stay on task and maximize your outreach through multi-touch campaigns that you can manage right from your inbox.
It’s easy to set up a Campaign and get started quickly. Let’s walk through how to do so and you’ll be up and running in no time!
New to Yesware? Sign up for a free trial!
This article contains the following topics:
- Creating and sending your first campaign
- Managing your campaign
- Your campaign's reporting and metrics
Campaigns is available on Gmail (or Google Business Apps) and O365 on our Premium and Enterprise plans. Check out the Yesware for O365 Campaigns Getting Started Guide here.
Check out this video for a full overview of Campaigns:
How to create your first Campaign
Click into the Campaigns module at the top of your inbox. Then click New Campaign.
From there, give your Campaign a name and add your recipients by either Uploading a CSV file of recipient information or manually typing information into the recipient table (you can add columns and rows to include more data). For Enterprise level plan holders, in addition to the aforementioned methods, recipients can also be added by selecting a Salesforce Contact or Lead list and importing it, searching for an individual from Salesforce and adding someone individually, or by going to Salesforce directly and using the "Add to Campaign" button on a list view or individual Contact/Lead record. For more information on adding recipients, please click here.
Note: Once you’ve saved a campaign, you’ll still be able to add more recipients. You’ll also be able to add recipients to a campaign directly from Salesforce, using a Contact or Lead list view or from an individual Contact or Lead record.
Pick the type of touch for your first outreach:
There are four different kinds of touch types:
- Automated Email: Schedule your email to send at the time of your choosing. No action required on your end.
- Manual Email: Send the email in real-time. Works well for touches that require personalization. Will need to take action on it in the Yesware Sidebar.
- Phone Call: Prompts you to make a call and allows you to log the outcome and save it as a task to Salesforce. Will need to take action on it in the Yesware Sidebar.
- Custom Task: Alerts you to carry out any task that isn’t a call or an email. For example, you could set a custom task to do additional research on a recipient. Will need to take action on it in the Yesware Sidebar.
- Connect on Sales Navigator: Allows you to send a connection request directly from your Campaigns sidebar. Open, click, and reply tracking are not supported in LInkedIn. Requires a Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise license, and is subject to your Sales Navigator messaging limits. Will need to take action on it in the Yesware Sidebar.
- InMail on Sales Navigator: Allows you to send an InMail directly from your Campaigns sidebar. Open, click, and reply tracking are not supported in LInkedIn. Requires a Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise license, and is subject to your Sales Navigator messaging limits. Will need to take action on it in the Yesware Sidebar.
Note: To send personalized communications in an efficient way, we recommend using merge fields.
Use the Insert Merge Field button to insert custom fields that line up with the columns in your .CSV, table, or a Salesforce field. You will have a dropdown for the insert merge field button that directly pulls fields so you don’t have to worry about them matching.
You can preview to make sure that fields are merging properly in the "Preview and Personalize" tab.
Next, choose a time and date to send out automated email touches.
Campaigns can be customized by touch frequency, touch timing, and number of touches. Example: You might set up a Campaign with 8 automated email touches with each spaced 2 business days apart.
Then, click the time you’d like your first touch to send out. Note: You can choose to send “Immediately.”
Stay on task with the smart to-do list
Unlike automated emails, manual tasks require action at the perfect moment, which is why we created the smart to-do list that lives in your sidebar.
On the day you need to complete a manual task, you’ll be prompted to do so from the sidebar.
To further manage your to-do’s, you can view them on the main tab of the sidebar:
Pro tip: You can even filter them by touch type. For example, if you wanted to make all of your calls on the same day you could filter by “calls.”
This way, you can keep your work organized the easiest way: by relying on your inbox to nudge you when it’s time to complete a task.
With the exception of automated emails, you'll be able to take certain actions on the To-do card:.
- Snooze: Lets you save the task for later, removing it from the list until the appropriate time.
- Dismiss: Skips this step for this recipient and moves the recipient to the next activity in the Campaign.
- Remove: Removes this recipient from the campaign.
You can also take any actions in bulk or per a specific individual or domain, regardless of touch type. To make this easier, you can search across campaigns by name, email address, or domain, and then take the appropriate action within the campaign.
Campaigns for Teams
Like Templates, Campaigns can be shared across Teams.
Go to the Campaign you’d like to share, select it, and in the bottom right, there will be a "Share" button. Select that and add the appropriate team(s).
Sharing a Campaign creates a master copy that only you can edit. Others can make individual edits on the recipient level once they use a Campaign. Or, they can duplicate a Campaign for their own personal use.
Campaigns reporting can help you see what’s working and improve from there. Salesforce sync pulls your contacts and leads into campaigns and engagement into sidebar tasks. It also pushes back activities like emails, calls, replies, and meetings. By clicking into a specific Campaign, you can see a list of all recipients on a campaign and their status/interactions. Select all recipients and click ‘Export’ to export details and metrics for reporting.