Yesware’s Salesforce integration goes deeper than your emails –- we let you sync your Google calendar events (and event updates) directly into Salesforce eliminating the need for manual data entry! You can also sync your Salesforce events into Google.
You can enable Yesware's calendar sync by visiting your Salesforce configuration page in your Yesware account. To set this up, simply enable Yesware Calendar Sync. You can easily disable this feature by visiting this page at any time and clicking “Disable.”
To sync events from your Google calendar to Salesforce, you must have the latest version of the Yesware extension installed, with all permissions enabled.
To synchronize events from Salesforce to Google calendar, your Salesforce administrator must install the latest version of the Yesware Salesforce package. If you would like to sync events from Salesforce to Google calendar, please use the "Send us a question" option in the top-right corner of this page to request the package from our Support team.
Once it is setup, Yesware will automatically sync the meeting with the Contact or Lead in Salesforce associated with the first email address added as a guest to the calendar invite. You can also manually select a contact, lead, account, or opportunity.
To create a new event in Google Calendar to be synced in Salesforce:
- Go to your Google calendar and create an event.
- Make sure that you check the box "Sync Calendar Event to Salesforce" so that the the event is synced (Note: this is a sticky preference, so it will remain checked on unless you check it off.)
- You can add guests by search from Salesforce or add guests by using Google's searchbar.
- Using the Contact/Lead and Account/Opportunity dropdowns, you can see who and what the event will sync to. By default, we will choose the first Contact/Lead you add in the guest list. You can also manually select who and what you'd like to sync to or simply relate the event to an appropriate Contact/Lead instead of adding guests.
- If you have Shared Activities enabled in Salesforce and are using Contacts, you can sync the meeting to more than one Contact. For more information on Shared Activities, please check out this article.
- To save the event, hit the red "Save" button on the top-left corner.
To edit an existing Google Calendar event, access the calendar event and make any necessary edits. From there, hit the "Save" button. Anytime you’re editing an event that you’d like to sync to Salesforce, you’ll need to click “invite”, but you don’t have to click “send” in order for the changes to be reflected. Any edits made to a synced Calendar event will automatically reflect in Salesforce as well.
To sync an inbound event, simply click on the event, make sure that Calendar sync is checked, and that it’s logging to the appropriate Contact/Lead. From there, simply hit "Save".
Once the meeting is synced, it can be found as an Event under the Activity history for the corresponding record in Salesforce. If no match is found and you don’t manually enter a record, then it will sync the event to Salesforce with no associated Contact/Lead and Account/Opportunity.
You can sync events in the past 30 days or future events.
Our calendar sync feature is only available to customers on our Enterprise and Enterprise + Phone plans.