To track an attachment within your compose window:
- Open the Yesware Sidebar in your compose window (we highly recommend you pin the Sidebar)
- Click the "Tracking" gear
- Select the "Attachment" tab
- Select your file
- You'll be presented with two check boxes:
- Allow file download: This means that the recipient can download the attachment and then it is theirs to keep and do with as they please. Keep in mind that if they download the attachment and then share their downloaded copy, you will have no insight into who else has seen the attachment.
- Ask recipient for name for more detailed analytics: If you ask a recipient to enter their name to access the attachment, you will then be able to see the name of each individual who has accessed the attachment and for how long they have viewed it. For example, if you send the attachment to John Smith and he looks at it and then forwards your email to Jane Doe and she looks at the attachment, your Presentation Report will show you that both John Smith and Jane Doe have viewed the attachment. They can choose to skip adding their name.
Once the recipient opens and views the attachment, you will be notified through the Yesware Activity Feed in the Yesware Sidebar of your Outlook inbox.
To view the Presentation Report, which will include a summary of how many people were sent the presentation, how many views the presentation received, the average time spent viewing the presentation, and page by page engagement:
- Search for the email in your sent folder
- Select the email
- Click on the "Message" tab of the Tracking feed
- Click the linked Presentation Report