Going away on vacation, but have a multi-touch campaign running? Use the pause button to prevent the upcoming touches on that campaign from going out.
You can pause all activity for an individual Campaign. When paused, no automated emails will be sent and no tasks will appear in the Tasks list for that Campaign.
To pause a Campaign:
- Click on the Campaign you want to pause
- In the upper right corner, click "Pause Campaign"
- You will see a message confirming the Campaign has been paused
- You can still edit, reschedule, remove, or skip the next touch for paused recipients
- No content will be sent until the Campaign is resumed
To resume a Campaign:
- Click on "Resume Campaign" in the upper right corner
- For any recipient that had a send date/time that was scheduled in the past (meaning the date for which the original send was scheduled has come and gone since you paused the Campaign), you will be able to reschedule, or you can accept the default to send it immediately
- Confirm you want to resume
Please Note: Pausing is a Campaign-wide action, not something that can be done to recipients individually. All Campaigns actions will cease when a Campaign is paused.
NOTE: Pausing a campaign will prevent follow-up touches from going out. If you have emails already going out, hitting the Pause button will not stop them since they are are already queued in your inbox to go out.