If your email thread does not include any tracked messages, the Tracking box at the top of the thread will not be shaded in green. If you click on the Tracking box, you'll see a notice that the email thread does not include any tracking data.
There are a few reasons why you might see this message:
- The email is an inbound message for which you have not sent a tracked reply
- For emails that are outbound:
- Tracking was off (for the specific email, based on your Preferences, or if you sent the email in plain-text mode)
- You sent an email to a colleague and Colleague Events are turned off in your Preferences
- The recipient has images disabled, in which case we do not register the open
- Note: if you receive a link tracking or presentation tracking event, or a reply, but not an open notification, this could mean that the recipient has images disabled.
- The email has not been opened yet
- Your Yesware login has expired and you need to re-authenticate with Yesware
- IMAP is disabled under your Gmail settings
To ensure that future messages are tracked, visit the Yesware > Preferences drop down menu in the top left of Gmail. From there, click “Compose Options” and toggle ON “Track Opens”. In addition, the Track button at the bottom of the compose window must be checked. In order to see all tracking data for a thread, "Conversation View" should be turned ON within your Gmail Settings.
Since our tracking is image-based, you will not be able to use Yesware tracking in plain-text mode. Plain-text mode strips all formatting and images, thus disabling our tracking pixel. To switch from plain text to rich text formatting in Gmail, open up a new compose window, click on the down arrow in the Compose toolbar, and uncheck "Plain Text Mode”.