Yesware offers two different types of placeholders, or Merge Fields, that can be used in templates:
- Text Field
- At the bottom of the template editor, select "Insert Merge Field" and then click on the "Text Field" button. Name the text field and click "OK"
- Text Fields act as blank, freeform text entry fields.
- When using the template, you will be able to fill in a text field with anything that you want.
- If you use multiple Text Fields in a single template and name them the same thing (for instance, two text fields both called "Name"), filling in one of those Text Fields will fill in both.
- At the bottom of the template editor, select "Dropdown Field" button. Name the dropdown field and create up to 5 options.
- Dropdown fields act as a picklist when using the template
- When using the template, you will be able to choose from any of the options that you defined when creating the template
To use a Template with Merge Fields, open a compose window and select the "Templates" button at the bottom (Gmail) or the "Add a Template" button at the top (O365). Find the Template you'd like to use. From there, you can either click "Fill In" or "Insert." "Insert" will insert the Template as is, complete with the merge field formulas. You'll only want to use "Insert" if you have a Template that doesn't have merge fields that need filling in. By selecting "Fill In," you can then fill in your text fields and choose an option from the dropdown list you've created.
For Enterprise users on our Gmail product, you can also use a Salesforce Field.