Yesware offers two different types of placeholders that can be used in templates:
- Text Field
- In the template editor, click on the "+Text Field" button. Name the text field and click "OK"
- Text Fields act as blank freeform text entry fields.
- When using the template, you will be able to fill in a text field with anything that you want.
- If you use multiple Text Fields in a single template and name them the same thing (for instance, two text fields both called "Name"), filling in one of those Text Fields will fill in both.
- In the template editor, click on the "+Dropdown Field" button. Name the dropdown field and create up to 5 options.
- Dropdown fields act as a picklist when using the template
- When using the template, you will be able to choose from any of the options that you defined when creating the template
If you use the "insert" option for a template, both Text Fields and Dropdown Fields will behave in the same way: as replaceable red text.
For Enterprise users on our Gmail product, you can also use a Salesforce Field.