We choose a single Contact or Lead and optionally a single Account or Opportunity
First we pick who to associate the email with
We will sync the email with the first email address in the recipient list that has an associated Salesforce record, Contact or Lead.
If there are duplicate Contacts/Leads in Salesforce with that email address:
- Prefer Leads over Contacts
- Prefer Contacts with Open Opportunities over Contacts with no Open Opportunity
- Prefer Contacts with the most recent activity.
Once we’ve selected who to associate with, then we pick what to associate with:
- Prefer to associate with an Open Opportunity for the selected Contact
- If not, associate with an Account for the selected Contact/Lead