Yesware's calendar sync eliminates the need for manual data entry and increases collaboration for appointment setting by allowing you to sync your Google Calendar events directly to Salesforce and associate them with the Contact/Lead you’re meeting with.
You can enable Yesware's calendar sync by visiting your Salesforce configuration page in your Yesware account. To set this up, simply enable Yesware Calendar Sync. You can easily disable this feature by visiting this page at any time and clicking “Disable.”
To sync events from your Google calendar to Salesforce, you must have the latest version of the Yesware extension installed, with all permissions enabled.
Once it is set-up, Yesware will automatically sync the meeting with the Contact or Lead in Salesforce associated with the first email address added as a guest to the calendar invite. You can also manually select a contact, lead, account, or opportunity.
To create a new event in Google Calendar to be synced in Salesforce:
- Go to your Google calendar and create an event.
- Make sure you toggle on the "Sync Calendar Event to Salesforce" so that the the event is synced (Note: this is a sticky preference, so it will remain toggled on unless you switch it off.)
- You can add guests by search from Salesforce or add guests by using Google's search-bar.
- Using the Contact/Lead and Account/Opportunity drop-downs, you can see who and what the event will sync to. By default, we will choose the first Contact/Lead you add in the guest list, but you can also manually select who and what you'd like to sync to or simply relate the event to an appropriate Contact/Lead instead of adding guests.
- If you have Shared Activities enabled in Salesforce and are using Contacts, you can sync the meeting to more than one Contact. For more information on Shared Activities, please check out this article.
- To save the event, hit the blue "Save" button on the top-right corner.
To edit an existing Google Calendar event that hasn't yet been synced, access the calendar event and make any necessary edits. From there, hit the "Save" button. Anytime you’re editing an event that you’d like to sync to Salesforce, you’ll need to click “save,” but you don’t have to click “send” in order for the changes to be reflected. Any edits made to an already synced Calendar event will automatically reflect in Salesforce as well.
To sync an inbound event, simply open the event, make sure that Calendar sync is toggled on and that it’s logging to the appropriate Contact/Lead. From there, hit "Save."
The meeting can be found in the "Open Events" for the corresponding record in Salesforce until the date/time of the meeting has come and gone, and then it will show up in the "Activity History." If no match is found and you don’t manually enter a record, then it will sync the event to Salesforce with no associated Contact/Lead and Account/Opportunity.
You can sync events in the past 30 days or future events.
To synchronize events in the other direction from Salesforce to Google calendar, your Salesforce administrator must install the latest version of the Yesware Salesforce package. If you would like to sync events from Salesforce to Google calendar, please use the "Submit a request" option in the top-right corner of this page to request the package from our Support team.
Our calendar sync feature is only available to customers on our Enterprise plan.