Not receiving tracking notifications in the Gmail/Yesware dashboard.
1) Confirm if there is recent activity in your tracking report on the app site (www.app.yesware.com). You can confirm by sending a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if it appears in the tracking report or not.
- If recent events ARE in the tracking report:
- Clear the cache/local storage (steps below)
- Disable other extensions at chrome://extensions and send test email to email@example.com
- If recent events are NOT in the tracking report
- Clear the cache and local storage while also reinstalling Yesware (uninstall before you clear the cache/local storage and reinstall afterwards)
- Gather console logs and email to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: (name of your support agent)
To Clear cache and local storage:
- Clear Cache
- Open a new tab in Chrome and enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the address bar.
- Set the drop-down to "the beginning of time" and only check off the "cached images + files, and hosted app data" options.
- Refresh Gmail.
- Clear Local Storage:
- In Chrome, click the 3-horizontal-line button in the top-right of your window, next to the address bar.
- Go to More Tools > Developer Tools.
- Make sure you're on the "console" tab of the pane that appears.
- At the bottom, next to the ">" symbol, type in the following exactly as I have it formatted here: localStorage.clear()
- Press enter/return. That should give you "undefined".
- Close the pane and refresh Gmail
How to gather console logs
- Browser Console Logs:
- In the top right of Chrome, click on the menu button (3 horizontal lines or 3 vertical dots)
- Click on More Tools
- Developer Tools
- Click on Console
- Copy the errors or take a screenshot.
Background Console Logs:
In a new tab, Visit chrome://extensions/.
Enable developer mode.
Click on the link of your background page (at "Inspect views").
The developer console opens for this page.
Copy the errors or take a screenshot.