Please note - this article pertains to our COM add-in for Outlook, not the O365 add-in for Outlook.
Tracking notifications are not showing in the Outlook sidebar
Step 1 - Send a test message
If you are unsure if the tracking is working properly, we recommend to send a test message to email@example.com. This should prompt an open event in your Outlook sidebar.
Step 2 - Check for conflicting add-ins
There might be a conflicting add-in causing the issue. A conflicting add-in is usually one that has similar functionalities as Yesware. Would you mind providing a screenshot of your add-ins?
- Click File > Options > Add-ins
- Next to "Manage: COM Add-ins" click "Go"
Remove any add-ins that have similar functionality to Yesware (Boomerang, MixMax, HubSpot, SalesForce) and any anti-virus add-ins (McAfee, Norton).
Step 3 - Re-authenticate with Yesware in Outlook
- Head to YESWARE
- Click Log Out
- The activation window will appear next where you can click ‘Start Activation’ and re-activate.
Step 4 - Re-install Yesware for Outlook
- Close out of Outlook.
- Open Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Select Yesware in the list of programs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Download this link and follow the steps you are prompted.
- Re-open Outlook and click 'Start Activation'
- Sign-in with your Outlook email address and password.
- Send a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're encountering problems with the Yesware for Outlook add-in, please click the "Feedback" button from your inbox which will send us your latest Yesware logs. Selecting "Feedback" will open a new compose window with your logs attached and short questionnaire of the issue.
Step 6 - Reach out to the Support team
If the test message does not register in your Outlook sidebar or you are still concerned with the lack of tracking notifications, use the "Send us a question" option in the top right corner of the Help Center to reach our Support team. There may be other issues at play, such as a conflicting add-on, expired authentications, or an anti-virus program or firewall.