This article is for users on PCs with the O365 extension
Yes - you are able to move the location of the "Send with Yesware" button, but only on the desktop version of Outlook for PC. To do this:
- Make sure you have the O365 extension installed already - you can do that HERE
- Open a new Compose Window, right click in the Outlook ribbon and select "Customize the Ribbon"
- Click and drag the word "Yesware" up the list, to your desired position in the ribbon
- Click "OK" to close the window. Yesware will now appear further to the left
Find the Send with Yesware button frustrating?
You might be eligible to use the regular Outlook Send button to send a tracked email, instead of the SwY button, depending upon your Windows update channel*. As Microsoft releases the necessary changes on their end through those update channels, we will be able to release this functionality for all O365 users. See if you qualify below.
If you use:
Outlook Web Access (OWA) on a PC or Mac
- Available now
Outlook Windows Desktop App
- Available now for users on the Current Update Channel*
- Available in January 2021 for users on the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel*
Outlook’s Mac Desktop App
- TBD - we will keep you posted on when this will be available
- Don’t want to wait? Use OWA or reach out to email@example.com and ask for Direct Install
*Not sure how to check what update channel you’re on? In your inbox, click “File,” select “Office Account” in the left hand menu, and under “About Outlook,” it will display what channel you’re on.
If you are on an eligible Outlook version, you can click the regular Outlook send button to send a tracked email. But first, make sure that you’ve got your Yesware taskpane open. You will not be able to use the Send button to track emails if you do not have the taskpane open. The easiest way to do this is to pin the taskpane open - just select the pushpin icon in the upper righthand corner of the Yesware taskpane. Now, hit the send button and watch your recipient engage.